The Tool Kit provides short, clear recommendations for all kinds of PLHIV networks – whether you are focusing on advocacy, education, mutual support, or just coming together for social or recreational reasons.
This Tool Kit is designed to help PLHIV create and strengthen our networks. When we come together and in partnership with other PLHIV, it enables us to:
- Define our own agenda and establish policy, advocacy and service priorities;
- Select leadership of our own choosing;
- Speak with a collective voice;
- Reduce internalized stigma (feeling ashamed, guilty or embarrassed about having HIV);
- Reduce external stigma by educating our families, communities and others;
- Improve our quality of life and health outcomes;
- Support each other to achieve our personal and group goals.